- Please choose product options…
Relieve your pain and promote healing with HTP’s Kinesiology Tape. 2 in. x 200 in.
Heel That Pain with Kinesiology Tape
Only $9.95 with Free US Shipping
Kinesiology Tape, also known as elastic therapeutic tape, can be used in a variety of ways to assist in pain relief and sports performance. It gently pulls on the skin, reducing pressure and allowing fluids to move and drain more efficiently. Also a solution for healing tired or overused muscles, kinesio tape adds support, reducing the load on the muscle.
Tips for Applying Kinesio Tape
To get the most use out of your sports tape, make sure that your skin is clean and dry. Immediately after you shower and dry off is a great time to apply it, or you can swab the area clean with rubbing alcohol.
When you wrap your feet for plantar fasciitis or heel spurs, wearing socks at night will help preserve the tape and keep the edges from rolling. Taping your feet can usually be done alone, but if you are taping other areas of the body such as your shoulders, it may be easier to have someone else apply the kinesio tape.
How to Tape Your Feet for Plantar Fasciitis
- Measure the distance from the back of your heel to the ball of your foot
- Cut the tape
- Cut the tape into 4 strips lengthwise, leaving about an inch of backing at one end to cover the heel
- Round all edges, including the edges on the strips
- Measure the length of the ball of your foot
- Cut it, and round the edges
- Flex your foot
- Secure the tape to your heel
- Lay each strip down over your arch evenly, so they are not touching
- Place the second piece of tape on the ball of your foot to secure the strips
- Gently rub the tape for several seconds to make sure it is properly secured